RIDG (Royal Innovation Design Group) is seeking a Marketing Assistant that will be a creative, catalyzing content-producer in our fast-growing company.
RIDG is an innovation consultancy that works exclusively with executives to help scale their teams for growth. We use the tools of visual facilitation and design thinking to unlock the value of every person and those they serve. We work in a variety of industries, including technology, healthcare and finance. Although located in Florida, our work takes us all around the U.S.
Our marketing team produces high-quality content (graphic design, illustration, video, blogs, e-books, webinars, social media) internally and for our clients, and seeks an additional team member who can participate in various stages of content creation and execution of our marketing strategy.
Our ideal candidate will be experienced in social media, managing multi-platform campaigns and promotions, e-newsletters, blogging, copywriting, events (in-person and virtual), analytics/reporting and SEO. They will be able to work independently and collaboratively within a problem-solving team. Experience in graphic/web design, advertising, creative direction, publishing and audio/video editing a plus. This person must be tech-savvy, exceedingly well organized, a self-starter, and someone who checks their own work. They will be resourceful and efficient, working remotely a majority of the time.
The Marketing Assistant will perform a variety of tasks, including content management and publishing, proofreading and copyediting, posting and pre-scheduling native content to social media, interacting with the RIDG audience on social media, building and testing audiences on LinkedIn and Facebook, working with our sales team to tailor content to the target business audience, organizing marketing assets on the G Drive, leveraging the project management system, assigning design projects to our team of graphic/web designers, producing a monthly e-newsletter, helping to create webinars and online courses, preparing weekly reports for the marketing meeting.
This is an independent contractor position with opportunity for growth into a full-time employee position. The candidate must have the ability to meet with the team and communicate during our business hours of Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m, as needed.
A day in the life of a RIDG Marketing Assistant:
- Composes regular correspondence (emails, meeting invitations and informative material)
- Assists in developing RIDG marketing and operational best practices
- Communicates with the leadership team on wins and opportunities
- Assures that the team stays in the “Zone of Certainty” through regular meetings and communication
- Generates and compiles reports (Mailchimp, Google Analytics, YouTube, etc.)
- Assists in the creation of email campaigns and online promotions
- Performs light graphic design or video editing (Photoshop, iMovie)
- Uploads video content to YouTube and Facebook, including titles, tags, thumbnails and descriptions
- Assists in the creation of presentations, one-sheets and sales materials
- Writes and proofreads copy for blogs and social media
- Seeks and analyzes competitor marketing and sales materials both on and offline
- Researches new marketing technology and trends
- Attends various calls and weekly marketing meetings via Zoom
Successful candidates must have the following:
- Three to five years marketing, journalism or social media experience
- Knowledge of marketing responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work
- Meticulous attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in English (oral and written) with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficiency in G-Suite (Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Additional technology skills a plus (Photoshop, iMovie, Slack, Zoom, MURAL, project management, etc.)
- Excellent people skills, high emotional intelligence
- Executive level and enterprise business communications a plus
Pay: $30 per hour (10-15 hours per week, flexible work hours)
Position Type: Independent Contractor
Start Date: ASAP
Location: St. Petersburg (Tampa Bay)
To apply, forward your resume and cover letter to jen.oppelt@RIDG.com.